For any project-exclusive items labeled with the “ONE TREE PLANTED” icon, we will plant a tree every time you purchase.
- 1 Type C & 2 Type A USB charging ports
- Spacious Storage Drawer
- Height range from 28.3" - 47.6"
- $160 Off, Flash Sale On 05/26
- Chemical-free bamboo desktop
- Solid, and durable
- Rectangle & curved: 48",55", 60", 72",78"
- $70 Off, Flash Sale On 05/27
- Eco-friendly bamboo desktop
- Weight capacity 275 lbs
- 23.6" - 49.2" adjustable height
- $100 Off, Flash Sale On 05/24
- Spliced bamboo desktop
- 330lbs weight capacity
- Premium keypad
- sustainable bamboo desktop
- Quick-release keyboard tray
- Strong & stable design
- Ergonomic Design
- Climate-positive Bamboo Top
- Clean, Tidy, Orgnized
The Best Bamboo Standing Desk for Your Office
As an organization, Flexispot is dedicated to implementing as much change as is necessary to combat the climate crisis. As a result, we have the ‘Climate-Positive Workstation’ as part of our most important initiatives. We realize that reducing our emissions during production is not enough action. Therefore, like many other environmentally-conscious companies, we are committing to being Climate-Positive.
What does this mean? It means that besides reducing our greenhouse emissions, we will reduce the emissions of our suppliers and those of the end consumer by switching to eco-friendly materials while adopting a truly green manufacturing process. The finished products would be biodegradable, meaning less harmful waste from their disposal.
Let’s look at how the incorporation of Bamboo in the manufacturing process has helped champion the Climate-Positive workstation......More
Bamboo: The Eco-Friendly Choice
Bamboo is a type of grass that is found in the tropics. It is a member of the Poaceae family, which also includes wheat, rice, and corn. There are over 1,200 different species of bamboo. Bamboo can grow very tall and can reach up to 30 meters in height and 12 inches in diameter. It is one of the fastest-growing plants in the world and has been known to grow up to one meter per day.
How Does Bamboo Furniture Contribute to a Climate-positive Workstation and an Eco-Friendly environment?
Let's look at how bamboo furniture contributes to a climate-positive workstation.
- Bamboo is a fantastic eco-friendly choice for a variety of reasons. Bamboo is 100% biodegradable and will decompose naturally over time when disposed.
- Help reduce global warming - Bamboo absorbs greenhouse gasses like carbon dioxide and releases clean oxygen into the air. In fact, one hectare of bamboo can sequester up to 17 tonnes of CO2/year, which is equivalent to taking 4 cars off the road.
- The extensive root system of bamboo also helps to stabilize soil, preventing erosion and landslides.
- Bamboo is a very eco-friendly plant because it consumes far less water than trees. No additional irrigation is needed for the plant to grow, thus saving water.
- Bamboo grows quickly and doesn't require much maintenance or chemical/fertilizer use. It doesn't require any pesticides because it's naturally resistant to pests and diseases.
- Harvesting bamboo is also a surprisingly low-impact process as well. There is no need for heavy machinery, and very little waste is produced.
- Bamboo is a great sustainable resource because it grows so quickly. A bamboo plant can grow 1-3 feet in a day, and it usually reaches maturity within 1-5 years. Compare that to most trees’ 10-20 year growth cycle.
- Does not need replanting after harvesting. New shoots will grow from its roots system if the old stalks are cut off. This will result in minimal disturbance of the soil.
Why Use Bamboo Furniture?
Here are some reasons why you should consider using bamboo furniture at your home:
- Bamboo furniture has hypoallergenic properties.
- Bamboo is an eco-friendly resource
- Aesthetic Appeal. The natural color and texture of bamboo gives furniture a warm, earthy appearance that most people find pleasing.
- Bamboo furniture is an excellent choice because it is very moisture resistant. This means that it is unlikely to swell or shrink in response to changes in humidity.
- Bamboo is also a very durable material. It has a tensile strength that is about 28,000 pounds per square inch. That is stronger than steel, which only has a tensile strength of 23,000 pounds per square inch.
- Bamboo furniture is a popular choice for those looking for furniture that is lightweight and easy to move around.
- Bamboo is great at absorbing Ultraviolet (UV) radiation, which can cause some problems, the most common of which is eye fatigue.
Is Bamboo Better than Wood?
There is no definitive answer, as both bamboo and wood furniture have their unique benefits and drawbacks. Ultimately, the best way to decide which type of furniture is to come up with a list of expectations from your furniture and see which one you prefer. Below is an overview of how both materials fair against each other:
- Price: The price point for each product is relative to the manufacturer and the type of wood in question. Hardwood furniture is more expensive than bamboo. But softwood furniture is cheaper than both alternatives. Most bamboo furniture also has a higher markup from overseas shipping costs.
- Durability: Both hardwood and bamboo are very durable.
- Eco friendly and sustainability: Bamboo is a more sustainable and environmentally friendly choice than wood, as it grows back quickly and does not require fertilizer or pesticides.
- Tensile strength: Bamboo has a higher tensile strength than wood, making it less likely to warp or break.
- Lighter: Bamboo is lighter in weight than wood, making it easier to transport.
How Long Will Bamboo Furniture Last?
Bamboo furniture is a popular choice for people looking for environmentally friendly and durable furniture. Bamboo is a solid and sustainable material, and it can last for up to 30 years if it is well cared for. This explains why most bamboo furniture manufacturers offer a warranty against manufacturer defects for a longer period than most other furniture materials.
Are Bamboo Desktops Waterproof?
Bamboo desks are not waterproof, but they can be treated with a sealant or lacquer that will make them water-resistant. However, even with a sealant, it's still important to take measures to protect your desk from excessive exposure to water.
Are Bamboo Standing Desks Good?
There are a lot of pros and cons to using a bamboo standing desk. On the plus side, bamboo is a sustainable resource; it’s strong and durable and has a nice aesthetic. On the downside, it can be expensive, and it can be difficult to find a good bamboo desk that fits your specific needs (height, width, etc.)
All in all, bamboo standing desks are a great option for people who want to make their work environment more climate-positive or who want to try out standing desks for health benefits. But We would recommend researching before buying to make sure you find the perfect bamboo standing desk for your needs.
If you do not know where to start, the Kana Bamboo Standing Desk is a masterpiece and worth your consideration. The Kana Bamboo Standing Desk checks all the right boxes as far as standing desks go. And the eco-friendly bamboo desktop gives the desk unmatched elegance with its special coating technology that resists water, scratches, and insects.
The Kana Bamboo Standing desk is a low-noise piece of furniture featuring a noise level of less than 50 decibels. It also has a high weight capacity of 275 lbs and a lifting speed of 1.4’’ per second facilitated by the dual motors. Users will enjoy the bamboo desktop with a width that can be customized to 78’’ x 30’’. The desk also comes with an adjustable height of 24.4’’ to 50’’. And if you’re not sold, the desk also features a handy sit-stand reminder.
Alternatively, grab yourself the AlcoveRiser Bamboo Standing Desk Converter. This handy piece of furniture serves as a more affordable and convenient alternative to purchasing an entirely new desk. The AlcoveRiser Bamboo Standing Desk Converter comes with the same sustainable bamboo desktop found in the Kana, ensuring that you stay in line with your climate-positive workstation.
Why Choose Flexispot Bamboo?
- Flexispot bamboo is sustainably sourced through a special selection by farmers and harvested by hand.
- Kana Bamboo and the Alcoveriser converter follow a chemical-free production process for further sustainability and only use aldehyde-free glue (reduces the amount of toxic VOCs released to the environment.
- Flexispot bamboo is 6 times sturdier than normal wood.
- Flexispot bamboo products use natural materials with E0 Eco Standards which help reduce the carbon footprint.
- The best part about Flexispot bamboo desks and bamboo standing desk converters is that they are part of Flexispot’s One Tree Planted Project. We donate to onetreeplanted.org to plant a tree for every purchase of our bamboo products e.g., the Kana Bamboo Standing Desk or the AlcoveRiser Bamboo Standing Desk Converter.
If there's one thing that's for sure, it's that the world is changing. Scientists tell us that the Earth's climate is changing more rapidly than at any other time in history, and businesses are starting to feel the heat (no pun intended). Many companies are looking for ways to become more environmentally sustainable, and reducing their carbon footprint is a big part of that. One change you can make is getting a climate-positive workstation.
So, if you're looking for a way to go green, look into getting yourself a climate-positive workstation- start by looking into sustainable furniture e.g a bamboo desk or a bamboo standing desk converter. You will be doing both yourself and the planet a favor!