The Health Benefits of Fruits, Nuts, and Vegetables
June 18, 2021
You might be wondering about the nutrient values of the healthy foods you are eating. As part of your health regimen, you eat fruits and vegetables including nuts because you know they boost health and wellbeing as you eat them religiously every day.
Health boosters are really needed these days to make our immune system stronger to fight diseases, especially the Covid-19 virus. We do not want to get sick and contract the coronavirus disease.
It is really best to have that robust and healthy body by eating a well-balanced meal together with fruits, nuts, and vegetables on your table. To have some ideas about the health benefits of these foods, I tried to collate some information based on Dr. R. Palma’s book “The Secrets of Health, Youth and Longevity” for your reference. Here are some of them:
- Apples - we know the saying “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” From this fruit, we can have these benefits:
- Eating apples daily reduces skin diseases, arthritis, and various lung and asthma problems
- Stimulates body secretions
- Unsweetened apple cider as a beverage reduced the formation or eliminate the formation of kidney stones
- Stomach ulcers
- For general energy
- The inner side of the banana skin can be directly applied to burns or boils to heal
- Muscle builder, blood cleanser, and eye-strengthener
- Fresh raw cabbage juice has been reported to mitigate stomach ulcers
- Excellent in iron deficiency
- Used for headaches, colid, deafness, and insomnia
- Poor complexion
- High blood pressure
- Inflamed kidneys and bladder
- Helps improve eyesight
- Improves the appearance of hair and nails
- Good blood purifier
- Bad complexion
- When eaten raw, it aids in bleeding gums
- Best natural diuretic promoting and secreting flow of urine
- A mixture of cucumber and carrot is beneficial for rheumatic conditions
- Cucumber juice is important for helping in the treatment of diseases of gums and teeth
- Quick source of energy
- Called the ‘nectar of gods’
- Good blood and bodybuilder
- Helps correct mineral deficiencies
- Aids in brain development
- Good for those suffering from impotency, anemia, and emaciation
- As a natural antiseptic, lemon juice destroys harmful bacteria in cuts and other infected areas
- For skin problems, lemon juice can be applied directly to the skin, allowed to dry
Especially for acne and eczema. The juice is also good for the removal of blackheads, freckles, and wrinkles.
- High blood pressure
- Bodybuilding especially peanut butter
- For those suffering from underweight, low blood pressure, and weakness
- Good bodybuilding food and that is easily digested
- Cold crushed potato can be applied for the relief of burns, boils, and inflammation of skin
- Excellent food for diabetes
- Easily digested and one of the most nourishing and bodybuilding food
- Especially good for growing children to help in growth and development
- Its high lecithin content is excellent for mental fatigue and for protection from mineral deposits
- Lowers blood cholesterol and protects from the development of hardening of the arteries and all the complications of the heart, brain, and kidneys
- A natural antiseptic and protects against infection
- Improves skin and purify the blood
- Helps in cases of gout, rheumatism, tuberculosis, high blood pressure and sinus trouble
- Good for constipation with its laxative effect
- Excellent for muscle and bodybuilding
- Improves body metabolism
- Recommended for patients with liver ailments
- Skin-cleansing food
- Gets rid of blood or harmful toxins
- Recommended for sluggish liver, gout, rheumatism, constipation, high blood pressure and skin cancer
- Stimulates appetite
- Relieves nervous exhaustion
- Relieves constipation
- Helps to reduce overweight or obesity
- Aids in cases of tuberculosis
- Has mild diuretic effect that increases the production of urine by the kidneys
- Strength-building food and beneficial for weak persons, emaciated or anemic
- Helps in cases of tuberculosis, low blood pressure, constipation and some cases of heart disease
- The juice when soaked is a good remedy for sore throats and asthma
Knowing some benefits of these foods could benefit us in having our health regimen together with doing some physical activities such as exercises to be totally healthy physically and mentally as well. There are a lot of physical exercises that we could do, especially at home or also in the office when we do not have much time to do it in the comfort of our homes.
Young and old alike should do regular exercises such as swimming which aids which tones our muscles, build strength, keeps our cardiovascular fitness, and also builds endurance. Swimming is highly recommended, especially these days when we feel the scorching heat of the sun.
Aerobic exercises are also beneficial for our physical fitness. Some of the aerobic exercises that we could do are: swimming, cycling, walking, rowing, dancing, moderate upper body workouts
You can have as many types of physical exercises that you feel are right for you depending on your availability which should, of course, be done regularly, that is at least 3 to 5 times a week, and 15 to 30 minutes per session.
If you want to exercise even in the office, you could use light and compact exercise equipment from Flexispot - the world’s leading manufacturer of home office furniture including physical fitness equipment and accessories. One such good exercise machine is the Vibration Plate Exercise Machine VB1. This could be brought in the office and has good features that are perfect for your exercise needs.
The Waver makes a full-body vibration that stimulates muscles and contraction to burn excess fat and to boost metabolism. It also has speed settings from 1 to 99 so you can maximize your workouts.
We accept articles, stories, and reviews that feature our products. The topics can also include tips on posture, spine health, and how to create a healthy work-from-home setup. If you are interested to collaborate with us, send an email to [email protected].