What Is Aromatherapy Massage
December 31, 2019
Aromatherapy massage is used for many different reasons including relaxation, pain management, and improved mood. There are many popular essential oils that are used in aromatherapy which include bergamot, cedarwood, chamomile, eucalyptus, geranium, ginger, lavender, lemon, orange, peppermint, and tea tree, just to name a few. Massage therapy has been found to provide a decrease in physical aches and pain and improving mood. When adding essential oils for an aromatherapy massage, this can potentially enhance the positive effects. The National Cancer Institute (NCI) has found that aromatherapy has shown benefits when used for issues such as anxiety, depression, insomnia, nausea, and pain.
Many people can benefit from having aromatherapy massage, though they may not realize it. If you experience any of the following, then aromatherapy would be a great option for you:
- Needing to recharge after a long week
- Feeling stressed or anxious
- Experiencing pain
- Wanting a more relaxing massage experience
- Looking to enhance your massage experience
Each massage you should research prior to see what essential oils are right for you. For example:
- Bergamot helps with anxiety and lift melancholy
- Cedarwood helps to calm nervous tension and anxiety, lessen hyperactivity, enhance concentration, and relax the body
- Chamomile reduces stress and anxiety, and promotes restful sleep
- Eucalyptus helps support healthy immune and respiratory systems, clearing congestion, relieving sinus pressure, and reducing headaches
- Geranium has traditionally been used to support a healthy reproductive system and ease menstrual cramps and menopausal cramps
- Ginger helps support healthy immune, respiratory, and circulatory systems and has a warming and soothing effect on muscles
- Lavender is widely known as the best essential oil for relaxation as it helps calm stress and anxiety, eases headaches, and promotes restful sleep
- Lemon is commonly used to ease stress, combat fatigue, and insomnia
- Orange promotes better digestion, relieves indigestion and cramping, and helps rid the body of toxins and fluid accumulation
- Peppermint is used to alleviate common digestive complaints such as bloating, cramping, nausea, motion sickness, and upset stomach
- Tea Tree helps to boost the immune system and can relieve respiratory conditions by clearing congestion and reducing inflammation and pain in the airways
Massage therapy can be expensive for many people, but adding in aromatherapy is an added fee to this kind of session. But fortunately, devices can be purchased to be able to do these both at the comfort of your own home. At FlexiSpot, you are able to purchase a full body massage chair. This massage chair has many different settings that can focus on specific parts of the body, just as if you were going to get a massage and you were going to request a certain part of your body be the focus such as your neck. The chair also provides a heat option with the massage – which is great for muscle relief and relaxation. Along with the full body massage chair, a cool mist humidifier through FlexiSpot will complete the package for at home aromatherapy massage. This cool mist humidifier provides a 360-degree spray, along with many different mist output levels for your satisfaction. The cool mist humidifier allows for adding your choice of essential oils to the aroma box, essentially providing aromatherapy. With both of these devices you will be able to have an at home massage therapy area, which long term will provide your body benefits and also be a financial benefit.
In summary, aromatherapy massage is something that is very beneficial to your body and can be done in the comfort of your own home. It is important to provide self-care to your body and to take care of your body. There are many benefits from a simple massage, including stress relief, muscle relief, improvements in sleep and better circulation just to name a few. But, when you add in aromatherapy there are even more added benefits. There are many kinds of aromatherapy oils that can be chosen from, therefore it is important to choose from what is appropriate for you that day because each day may not be the same.
We accept articles, stories, and reviews that feature our products. The topics can also include tips on ergonomic, workplace design and how to make a healthy daily routine. If you are interested to collaborate with us, send an email to [email protected].
Find out what's happening in Get motivated and inspired, join our Flexible WFH Community： https://www.facebook.com/groups/flexiblewfh/.