If you work long hours in an office, you probably would have heard of something called a Desk riser or Standing desk Converter. And if you haven't heard of it, now is a good a time as any. Sitting at a desk for long periods isn't great for your back, and sometimes you just need to stand up to stretch those back muscles. Unfortunately, you normally don't have "exercise" breaks at work.
So what do you do?
A change of posture is great, and a standing desk converter helps you do that without losing work time or bending awkwardly over your desk. You can simply bring your computer up to your level while working and carry on with your job.
Now that we know what standing desk converter are, let's review the GoRiser Standing Desk Converters ML1W Desk riser.
- One of the most important things about a Standing desk is that it allows a smooth transition from sitting to standing. A standing desk converter without that quality isn't a great choice. The GoRiser desk has a smooth transition, thanks to Gas Spring technology that ensures stability when lowering and lifting the desk. So you just need minimal force to make the transition from sitting to standing.
- Another important thing is the weight. You wouldn't want a desk that is too heavy to lift. The GoRiser only weighs about 17.6 pounds so it isn't too heavy. It is also portable because it comes with a durable, built-in handle that makes it easy for you to move the desk around.
- It's important that a standing desk converter is the right height for users because, let's face it, isn't that the entire point? The GoRiser is perfect for a lot of different heights. It has about 5 height settings to accommodate everyone.
- The GoRiser desk also has a spacious 26" work surface that can accommodate almost all laptop sizes comfortably. In fact, it can hold up to 17 pounds. That's a lot when you consider that most laptops weigh about five pounds.
- The last, but not the least important factor to consider is aesthetic. You wouldn't want to be hauling an ugly desk around, would you? I am sure you wouldn't. The GoRiser Standing desk has an ultra-sleek design that not only saves space but makes sure that every single inch of the frame is functional. Importantly, the desk raises and lowers within its own frame in an up-and-down motion, thereby saving office space and preventing needless cluttering.
Would I Recommend?
The biggest selling point for the GoRiser Desk has to be the slim, portable and simple design. The fact that it is also spacious is an important plus. However, the reason why I would recommend it is the price. At $99.99, it is way cheaper than most desk risers on the market, and it packs a lot of quality as well. So, yes, the GoRiser gets a clean bill of health from me and I recommend that you get one as well.