At first, L-shaped standing desks look like two desks bolted together to make one big office space. They save space for office workers spending a lot of time working at a computer. They come in different shapes and designs. Most have storage and shelves on one side of the desk, leaving some room for the monitors.
An L-shaped standing desk is a unique piece of office furniture that improves your office space. It has two sides that are perpendicular to each other and typically the same size. L-shaped desks give extra surface area while having all of your paperwork and other items within reach. Most of the L-shaped desks can be put into a corner and thereby save space. They also can be suitable for meeting desks since the desk can be shared.
An L-shaped desk lets you maximize the corner space or on a sidewall.
When choosing an L-shaped desk, there are several features to look for that include size, material, and storage options. L-shaped desks are mostly made from engineered wood or particleboard and glass. These are much more affordable, although less stable than hardwood. Find also that has storage capacity.
The L-shaped desk is custom-fit to corner positioning. It can also be positioned along a wall to make more space in the room. They come in various colors, styles, and materials, thus making the right one can be challenging and the downside to it is its size. They need a lot of space and can be burdensome to assemble or moving it around.
There is one topic that has never been applied in the office space until now. Many Asian countries have applied this technique to harmonize their surroundings and add a sense of tranquility to their employees. This is called Feng Shui and it has been around for centuries. Feng Shui Feng Shui, which means “wind and water,” is a traditional Chinese technique that links the destiny of man to his environment. Its purpose to ensure that people live in harmony with their surroundings. The Chinese have a profound belief in Ch'i, and it is incorporated into many aspects of their life including their working environment
Creating Feng Shui for the Office Space
It’s practiced by Asians mostly in their homes. But recently, it has been incorporated in the business world as well. They believe that whatever business transaction they do must harmonize with their environment to ensure a prosperous and profitable business undertaking.
How do you feng shui a standing desk in an office?
In this article, we try to guide those who have a standing desk, particularly an L-shaped desk, to find the balance between the natural world with that of the business world
Feng Shui Office Layout
Every room benefits from feng shui and the office space are also included.
There are a few things to harmonize feng shui for the whole office room to create a calm and relaxing atmosphere.
● The first step is to position your seat against a solid wall so that your back is against it.
● Initiate positive energy by adding plants and water elements in the office. Course this positive energy around your work and creativity
● Put some art on the walls and shelves that can inspire you and your co-workers
● Calm colors are encouraged, this includes pale yellow, pale orange, pale green
● Find furniture with soft edges and corners
● Avoid corners that are pointing at you
● If possible, your office should have a nice view
Creating Feng Shui for the Office Desk
Office desks need to have some essential feng shui elements to take into consideration. Once you integrate these, your office will have calmness and more concentration on your work without having a negative energy around it. It is highly recommended to position your desk so that your back is against a solid wall.
Feng shui for your office desk must include:
● Eliminate clutter from your workspace and put only the items you use every day
● Straight desks are ideal. But with a curved desk, you have to sit in the depth of the arch to harmonize the Chi energy.
● Wood is the ideal material for the desk to introduce nourishing energy that will revitalize the rest of the office
When laying out feng shui in the office, you shouldn’t place your desk on the following:
● Facing the desk towards the wall
● Facing the desk towards the door
● Placing the desk in a position so your back is to the door
● Placing the desk facing the window
Ideal Feng Shui Colors for Your Desk
Use the colors of your desk to your advantage.
This is a good way to create the kind of energy you want. Just make sure it works for you, your office, and the kind of work you have.
● Brown desks will bring nourishment to your office with an earthly feel to it
● A black desk is one for those who need self-analysis and unbiased thought
● Green desks have creative properties and scatter nourishing energy similar to that of brown desks
● White desks are crisp and clear but they can sap energy from susceptible people
● Gray desks are similar to white and enhance concentration
Feng Shui L-shaped Desk
All those mentioned above can also be used in an L-shaped desk. But there are some things that you should think about first if you have an L-shaped desk. This is due to its size and uncommon shape they have.
L-shaped desks are placed in the command position at the back of the office with minimal space at the back of the room. Putting it in the command position brings powerful and protective energy to your office and can be used to make excellent output for your work.
If you plan to buy an L-shaped desk, use it in the same ways as a regular desk but it’s very important to place it in the command position due to its size. This will introduce power throughout your office and help you succeed in your work. Wood is the ideal medium for a desk because of its creative and nourishing properties. Its earthy color will enhance these further.
Feng shui is a powerful energy that seeks to harmonize man with his surroundings. A harmonized office station can bring prosperity and calmness to the people inside the surroundings.