Everyone has their own idea of what a workstation should and shouldn’t have. It all comes down to several factors, with personal taste and the available budget determining the eventual choice. However, whether the office is big or small, there are certain key furniture pieces every office must have. The reasons for these pieces of furniture are many, but the main one being for the comfort and the well-being of those that will eventually be using the office.
We are going to look at some of these essential office furniture, explore how they transform the working environment, give some good recommendations available in the market and suggest ways that people can use to get the most out of them. So, if you have been thinking of furnishing your office but are stuck on where to begin, then stick around to the end and learn a few tips that will set you on your way.
An Ergonomic Chair
A proper office is defined by the type of chairs used. People can tell the kind of workplace it is by a simple look at the nature and design of the chairs being used by the employees and other people who frequent the office. What you need is an ergonomic chair that is comfortable and kind to the back since people spend most of their working hours seated behind their chairs. If they are to be productive as needed, then they shouldn’t have to keep shifting in their chairs because it is not up to the task.
Soutien Ergonomic Office Chair is one of the best office chairs you can invest in for yourself and the employees who work for you. It is a stylishly designed chair that comes packed with a lot of features noted below.
- 3D lumbar support that ensures the back is well supported throughout the day
- 4D armrests that are easy on the elbows for maximum comfort
- A breathable mesh to stop the back from sweating when it gets hot
- An adjustable seat depth that can be calibrated to any height quickly
The Right Desk
A desk is another equally important piece of furniture as that is where the work is done. It has to be spacious enough to accommodate all the tools of trade one would need, including a PC or multiple monitors. It should also be height adjustable, allowing the user to set the right height that's comfortable for their size. Finally, and most importantly, it should be of the right size. It shouldn’t be too big to the point it swallows up valuable space, and it shouldn’t be too heavy for it to be moved around.
There are many types of office desks to choose from. You can either go for the fixed ones or the adjustable standing desks. Of the latter, the best offering in the market right now is the Willow Solid Wood Standing Desk. It has the following features.
- Stable construction that allows it to stay still even on uneven floors
- A durable desktop surface that can handle liquids
- Automated height adjustment buttons for easy and quick recalibration
- Beautiful wood veneer finish
Space is important, and at some point, every office starts accumulating papers and other materials. These will eventually need storage space without turning the whole office into a mess, and that’s where storage units come in. Storage cabinets are an easy installation, and there’s nothing else to them. You simply have to pay attention to the space available, and you are set. You can choose to have them installed into the standing desks or have an independent storage cabinet on one side of the office.
Finding the right fit when it comes to storage cabinets should be easier than when it comes to choosing chairs and desks. Simply look for the space options, and to that extent, consider going for the Poppin White Stow 3-Drawer File Cabinet that has the following features.
- A locking mechanism for sensitive files
- Great and solid design for maximum protection
- Easy to open drawers with smooth movements
- A solid casing that can withstand bangs and hits
At some point, you will have to entertain guests and clients when they come to pay a visit to your office. It is never good to keep your potential clients waiting in the common area; it reflects badly on the company. If you have space, invest in comfortable guest chairs that you can set up in a special waiting room with a TV set and other materials that will keep them busy for a while. There’s no problem breaking the bank on this since appearances do matter in the business world. If you want to leave an impression, then this is it.
The best office couch recommendation would be the Mainstay Memory Foam Futon that comes in black and can seat several people. The couch is not only stylish but very comfortable, thanks to some ingenious designs that have gone into making it. In addition, it has the following amazing features.
- Comfortable foam with a reclined form that’s easy on the back
- It comes in black leather, brown suede, and camel suede, depending on your tastes
- It has metal legs for solid support
- It has a memory foam feature
When dealing with creative workers, you have to invest in a drafting table that they can use for creating the blueprints of their works. Drafting tables are not the same as the normal desks you find in the office. Instead, they come with special features like the ability to tilt so that the user can have full access to them for the best designs and creations. This is an essential piece of furniture for the business that is actively involved in creative work like graphic design or art.
Finding the right drafting table can be a little challenging since it is a unique piece of furniture that is only made by a select few. The best one in the market so far would be the Height Adjustable Drafting Table from Flexispot that is designed with the following features.
- A tiltable top that can tilt all the way to 40° giving the user the ideal angle to perform a wide range of creative tasks
- It has a safety ledger stopper that holds all your working tools in place, stopping them from sliding off to the floor when the top is tilted
- It has an expandable desktop that comes in the form of extendable drop leaves that can be unfurled to increase the working space
- It comes with an integrated drawer with all the space you need to store all your valuable tools
- A height programmable control panel with four memory buttons for quick adjustment of the desk’s height
Meetings are part of the office culture, and they are usually held several times in the week, depending on the demands. However, for meetings to be successful, they have to be held in areas that are designed for meetings, and in most cases, this comes in the form of conference rooms. They also require special kinds of tools like smart boards, which can be used to illustrate points more clearly, and huge tables that can accommodate a number of people at once.
You can choose to go with the traditional kind of board which is basically a whiteboard that uses felt pens, or you can take the technological route and go with smart boards, which come in the form of a TV screen with special touch screen features. The best one in the market right now would be the Samsung Flip 2 that has the following features worth noting.
- Great connectivity
- Intuitive usability
- Allows for pen and paper annotation
- Great resolution
- Innovative design
An Accent Chair
Besides the regular office chair and guest couch, there’s another type of chair that any office would benefit from having, and that’s the accent chair. This is a type of chair that adds some style to the room on top of providing a comfortable chair for relaxing during breaks or when having a one on one meeting. Accent chairs are usually well designed and come in an array of colors with very comfortable structures that are good to the back.
Of the many options that abound in the market, you will be best served by going for the Scalloped Accent Chair. It has a simple design and very comfortable cushions that would make for a very relaxed seating experience. In addition, the chair has the following features.
- It has a thickened headrest for neck and head support
- Curved cushions for that extra contact between the chair and the body
- A comfortable backrest that hugs the spine well, reducing back pains
- Wide sitting area that can support heavy people
How you choose to furnish your office space will either make or break the scale of productivity. If you give your employees undesirable and uncomfortable furniture, then they may not be able to bring out their best. Fortunately for you, we have made your search much easier with all the great recommendations listed above. Take your time when checking them out to ensure each piece of furniture that catches your eye fits your needs perfectly.