While you may be pleased and contented with your monitor with no additional capabilities, you may be unaware of the advantages that a simple accessory may provide. These modifications are beneficial when looking at your display for extended periods or using it a little too frequently. An adjustable monitor arm is this one bonus.
Monitor arms are handy for several reasons and are becoming increasingly popular among home and office computer users. Many users claim to observe immediate improvements and regard monitor arms as a must-have item on their computer workstation.
A monitor arm is a mechanical device that mounts on your desk, wall, or ceiling and lifts your monitor to the right height for you. It readily adjusts to your working method, whether you stand, sit, or do a combination of the two during the day. It's a great piece of equipment that provides for far more than just a comfortable working posture and excellent visual relief - thanks to superior desk ergonomics. Because it is an integral aspect of healthy workplace ergonomics in encouraging movement, it contributes to higher productivity and wellness that goes beyond providing physical comfort.
Monitor arms for desks serve two primary purposes:
- Corrects the monitor's height to a comfortable level. When the monitor is placed on a desk's surface, the user must adjust their positioning and eye level to accommodate the screen. The appropriate monitor level is supposed to be the height at which the middle of the screen is 5-7cm below the user's eye level; these arms can attain this.
- It frees up space on your desk. When the monitor is on the desk, it takes up more space. You may use the space created beneath the monitor by a monitor arm for other purposes.
If you use a computer monitor, placing it on an ergonomic monitor arm can be convenient. Here are a few reasons why you should explore installing a monitor arm, regardless of the arrangement of your workstation or the size and number of monitors:
FOR COMFORTABLE WORK POSTURE
Raising your display to the appropriate ergonomic level is essential for determining your most comfortable posture. Great posture alleviates any discomfort in the upper torso and back produced by hunching over or bending awkwardly back to view your device. A monitor arm also enables you to alter the angle of your monitor to find the ideal setting for your posture and workstation. Get a monitor arm as soon as possible to relieve neck, back, and eye strain. If you don't have any one of these concerns but use a monitor regularly, obtain a monitor arm to prevent them.
If you've been working at a computer for a long time, you're probably aware that digital screens can make your eyes tired by the end of each day. Strain, tiredness, dryness, and even blurred vision can occur if proper care and ergonomic modifications are not followed. Monitor arms alleviate these symptoms by permitting you to adjust your computer monitor at the appropriate viewing height, angle, location, and distance, preventing eye strain.
A well-organized and clutter-free desk is essential for productive work. The computer display takes up too much space on the desk, remedied with a monitor arm. The space freed up beneath the arm can be used to give you more space for your things and make your desk less congested. Monitor arms leave an almost little trace after lifting your monitor up and out of the way, leaving a huge empty zone under the place where it used to sit. Having this extra workspace is a turning point for people who love having a clear surface to write on or just broad, open space in front of them.
Dual and multi-monitor arms provide you complete control over the visual representation of your work, opening up a multitude of options for how you want to configure your screen(s) for the most ergonomic and natural working experience. This creative power amounts to an incredible gain in productivity, whether side-by-side, one on top of the other, any orientation, or three displays horizontally aligned for an almost panoramic picture. On the other hand, curved displays have been shown to boost productivity while also delivering better comfort. The curve pulls the sides and edges of the screen forward to your eyes, minimizing the amount of movement required to navigate.
Aside from the standard monitor arm adjustments like height, depth, and angle, many monitor arms allow users to easily switch from landscape to portrait style or adjust quickly dual monitors from side-by-side to stacked one above the other, both in portrait orientation, or one of each. Thus, monitor arms enable you to personalize your workspace and workstation style.
FOR YOUR STANDING DESK
If you have a height-adjustable desk, you should be able to modify your monitor to the best viewing height for standing or sitting. Depending on your workstation setup, you may need to make a minor change to your monitor as you go from standing to sitting and so on. Whether you spend your day sitting, standing, walking, or cycling, a monitor arm is an essential accessory to your ergonomic desk, simply changing to each position as you move.
FlexiSpot is one of the leading ergonomics brands, providing solutions for both home and office. These monitor arms have full-motion movement and provide optimum viewing freedom from any angle.
- adjustable arm: lets you rotate, extend, swivel, and tilt your monitor with just a light touch
- 360° rotation: turns a full 360 degrees, letting you change your display's orientation from landscape to portrait for coding projects or web design.
- easy installation: your F7 monitor mount comes with sturdy C-clamp and grommet mount bases, allowing for a quick and easy installation.
- no cords: contains a cable management system that manages and conceals your connections, freeing up desk space — and headspace — from an unwanted mess.
- configurations: with two monitor arms at your fingertips, you have total control over how your monitors are configured. Screens can be placed beside each other, equally spaced apart, or anything in between.
- fully adjustable: turn, swivel, expand, or tilt your screens with the tap of a fingertip to keep them precisely wherever you want them.
- quick installation:
- cordless station: your F7 monitor mount comes with sturdy C-clamp and grommet mount bases, allowing for a quick and easy installation.
- ergonomics: can simply adjust to accommodate an ergonomically ideal workstation; sit more comfortably at your desk while eliminating neck, eye, and back strain.
- 360° rotation: spins a full 360 degrees, allowing you to change the orientation of your display from portrait to landscape.
- 5-minute installation: comes with sturdy C-clamp and grommet mount bases for quick installation.
- visible force adjustment: adjust the screw in the direction of the corresponding weight scale to balance the weight of the monitor and the monitor arm
Desk clamps and grommet mounts are the most common monitor arm mounting types, followed by wall or ceiling installations. The best style for you is determined mainly by the permanence of your workspace:
- DESK CLAMP: C-clamp, often known as an edge clip, is a clamp that attaches to the back edge of the desk.
- GROMMET: supporting arm runs through a grommet hole that you'll need to drill if your desk lacks one and secures the arm's foundation to the ground.
- FREE-STANDING: the mount base rests at the back of your desk and holds the arm, which is securely weighted down by a thick plate.
- CEILING OR WALL: most permanent mounting techniques, attaching to the wall behind the desk or the ceiling above.
Because monitor arms increase efficiency, comfort, and engagement, purchasing one is a capital investment in yourself – in your job and your health. And determining which type is best for you is as essential as assessing how you organically work best and selecting the tool that complements and amplifies your particular working style.