Video games or gaming online are some of the most popular activities aside from engaging yourself in social media. While social media allow us to make comments, share our thoughts, and present ourselves in photos captured usually during fun experiences and events, video games give us a sense of pleasure and enjoyment that are different from those we ordinarily experience in our daily lives.
There are published articles online that claim the benefits of video gaming that I am sure many of you could relate to them. These are some of the advantages of playing video games (retrieved from https://www.mentalfloss.com/article).
- Video games produce better surgeons - “a study of laparoscopic (small incision) specialists found that those who played for more than three hours per week made 32 percent fewer errors during practice procedures compared to their non-gaming counterparts.”
- Vision can be improved by playing video games - With game moderation, scientists are realizing that gaming may actually enhance eye vision and not strain it.
- Video gaming could make a better leader out of you. there are certain game genres reward that encourages leadership traits
- Video gaming can make children more active - the simple handheld controller leads to physical activity. This is of course, in contrast with physical activities such as tennis or basketball that can be played outdoors.
- Video games can help to make new social contacts - the rise of multiplayer games online lead the way to forming players working together to find solutions to the problems. Approximately, "70 percent of all players play with friends" which keeps them socially attached to themselves and other players.
- Gaming can help enhance your decision-making skills - “ In one study, players who were immersed in fast-paced games were 25 percent faster in reacting to questions about an image they had just seen compared to non-players.”
- Gaming players may be less likely to engage in bullying - "some researchers have affirmed that action games reduce a motivation to bully."
- Video gaming can help treat autism - A study shows that space sharing with several players can lead to more social interaction with autism disorder
- Gaming can cut down stress - A major study that observed players for more than six months and measured heart rate found that certain titles trimmed the adrenaline response by more than 50 percent.
- Video gaming may possibly help reduce pain - playing can actually develop "an analgesic (pain-killing) response in our higher cortical systems."
While there are several benefits that we could reap from video games, there are also some health risks associated with them such as:
- Gamers are at risk for trigger finger, or stenosing tenosynovitis - That is, “ when a finger gets stuck in the bent position due to chronic inflammation.”
- Gamers can also get tennis elbow which is a “ painful inflammation of the place where the tendon inserts into the bone on the outside of the elbow.”
- Less and poor quality of sleep
- Tendency to get overweight due to less physical exercise
- Vision problems - causes eye stain as parts of the eyes such as the cornea, pupil, and iris are not made for a long period of viewing of electronic devices.
- Engaging in video games for long hours can trigger headaches, dizziness, and vomiting as player focuses on the screen
- Video games can cause epileptic seizures
- Video games can trigger overweight or obesity
- Gaming can affect the brain and cause changes in some parts of it
With the benefits and risks presented about video games, you are now responsible for making video gaming an enjoyable activity that should be kept in control and moderation to prevent health risks.
There are also some updates for the year 2021 that you might be interested to know if you’re a video game enthusiast or a hobbyist. Some of the exciting video games this year as presented in the article (https://www.google.com/search?q=gaming+updates+2021) online are:
- Mario Golf Super Rush. Release date: June 25. ...
- Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD. Release date: July 16. ...
- No More Heroes 3. Release date: Aug. ...
- Warioware: Get It Together! Release date: September 10. ...
- Death loop. Release date: September 14. ...
- Metroid Dread. ...
- Far Cry 6. ...
- Battlefield 2042
I am sure that everyone who is into video gaming would be happy to note these updates that are to be released this year. The most popular PC games according to an online article are:
- League of Legends
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Valve Corporation
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare/Warzone Activision
- Grand Theft Auto V
Sitting on a gaming chair might add more strain and injuries to a player, so I recommend a better ergonomic gaming chair that would be ideal for your home for a more enjoyable gaming and relaxing experience.
Flexispot has several gaming chairs that you would love to own because they are packed with wonderful features. One of the best gaming chairs is the Ergonomic Gaming Chair with Retractable Footrest Ri3476.
This gaming chair has a recliner function and adjustable soft armrests. The maximum reclining angle is 10 degrees. You could adjust the reclining angle while seated when you need to take a good rest from an intense gaming experience.
The armrests are also height adjustable with the press of a button. You can lock the adjusted height as needed. Armrests are also softly padded for cozier sitting moments.
The footrest of this gaming chair which is located under the seat can be retracted, when playing games or working, you can push the footrest in. For relaxing time, you can pull the footrest out.
The headrest and lumbar pillow are removable and the pillow is also height adjustable according to your needs.
This chair is height adjustable and seat height-adjustable, too. The high back design features ergonomic and cozy padding backrest that extends to the upper back for greater back support.
The best feature of this gaming chair is that it has a rocking mode and swivels 360 degrees. So you could enjoy rocking the chair back and forth with the pull-out of the control handle. It swivels 360 degrees so everything will be within reach avoiding muscle strain.
It has a rocking mode and swivels 360 degrees. So you could enjoy rocking the chair back and forth with the pull-out control handle. It swivels 360 degrees so everything will be within reach avoiding muscle strain.