3 Best Standing Desks for Your Small Business
June 17, 2021
The professional environment of today is constantly evolving
Businesses are attempting to ensure that the work setting is pleasant enough to foster performance, from open floor layouts to fitness balls. Standing desks are one of the changes made to the modern office. These are essentially desks that allow us to work while standing up comfortably.
They come in different shapes and sizes, ranging from a fixed-height desk that requires you to stand, to a height-adjustable standing desk or a sit-stand desk that you can sit and stand from time to time. In addition, they are available in various styles and are adjustable, allowing you to vary the elevation of the desk and switch between sitting and standing.
Standing desks have a range of health benefits, spanning from reduced back discomfort to enhanced mood and concentration. It also allows people to be more productive. There are evident advantages to using a standing desk, that with so many variations choosing one can be tricky. Let's take a look at some of the most crucial advantages of sit-stand workstations.
Moderate standing is good for everyone
Standing is not only an excellent way to break up lengthy sitting stretches, but it is also a great reason to keep active throughout the day. Standing for around 3 hours every day has the same beneficial effects as running one marathon every month.
A great way to break prolonged sitting periods
Perhaps the most apparent advantage of standing desks is that they enable you to cut extended periods of sitting without interrupting your work. You can shift between sitting and standing without taking frequent pauses from your task. Ensure that you are wearing comfy shoes. If you're going to be standing for an extended period, you'll want a shoe that not only feels comfy and padded but also supports your feet.
It can help you focus and be more productive
According to studies, the implementation of sit-stand desks in some businesses resulted in a 46 percent improvement in productivity. As a result, sit-stand desks are not only healthy for your employees' wellness but also a wise investment in your team's growth.
You may alternate sitting to standing
A sit-stand desk allows you to transition between sitting and standing anytime you desire, allowing you to alternate between the times. In addition, you can adjust the frequencies as needed to strike a balance between the two.
It can help you burn more calories
A sit-stand desk would assist you in burning calories while increasing your physical activity. The mere act of standing uses more energy than sitting. If you think about it for a moment, you'll see that it makes perfect sense. According to studies, people who used a standing desk burned roughly 0.7 more calories each minute. This amounts to approximately 30,000 calories each year.
To the untrained eye, all standing desks may appear the same. Nonetheless, the varieties of fixed-height standing desks, height-adjustable standing desks, and standing desk converters range considerably. In addition, many brands on the market also provide users with a wide range of selections and modifications.
Each table contains numerous intricacies, all of which play a role in the decision-making process. If you want to bring standing desks into your company or home office, have a look at the best workstations for your business below.
- With a single handle instead of two, it's convenient and straightforward to lift with just one arm, which is especially useful for those who suffer from back, arm, or wrist problems. This is especially beneficial to your business to eliminate stress from your employees.
- The desk riser has an easy one-step attachment that allows you to use it with or without the keyboard tray. An 18.5-inch-wide U-shaped desktop cutout above the keyboard tray allows for easy use with a 17-inch laptop, allowing variety for your employees.
- Unlike competing brands, which expand outward while lifting, taking up space, and increasing the possibility of tipping forward, FlexiSpot risers lift and lower vertically, saving important space and providing better stability.
- FlexiSpot risers prevent unexpected drops and crash with a specifically designed bracing system that provides seamless, steady operation at all heights, even when fully loaded, substantially boosting safety and reliability.
- This desk riser has a solid base to prevent shaking, a heavy-duty steel frame combined with high-quality gas springs, and an environmentally friendly MDF work surface to allow for smooth, even adjustment, and a total weight capacity of 33 lbs ( up to 44 lbs for M7L).
- This mobile desk has a built-in gas spring mechanism that allows you to quickly raise the workstation platform from 29.3 to 45 inches above the ground. Simply grab the lever to activate the spring lift mechanism, which will enable you to raise and lower the desk. Perfect for any height in your workforce or even specific needs.
- With four caster swivel wheels (2 lockings), you'll have smooth gliding motion, and front leg stoppers will keep your new stand firmly in position. It comfortably glides about on wooden or carpeted floors because of its wide casters. Therefore, employees can be more efficient effortlessly moving from one area to another and also keeping active.
- While drawing, drafting, writing, or reading, tilt the tabletop for a more natural working position. Stopper keeps your computers, books, canvases, smartphones, and papers safe.
- Using the simple hook on the desk stand, you can keep your backpack or purse with you anywhere you roll the desk, keeping your employees' personal items close to them.
- You can use this mobile sit-stand desk in place of a traditional desk or a smaller laptop cart. Its top surface (23.6" x 20.5") is spacious enough to accommodate even the largest computers and tablets.
- The desk has a lightweight aluminum frame coated in satin pewter for long-term durability and ease of maintenance.
- Standing desk E9 is one of the advanced workstations with high-quality dual motors that was designed to meet the requirements of North American ergonomic standards. The desk structure is made of high-quality steel and minimizes any instability, even at the maximum adjustment point. Its powerful motor, along with two-stage legs, creates seamless and fluid-like transitions all day long for uninterrupted productivity in your budding business.
- The ecologically friendly 48" x 24" desktop has plenty of capacity for a variety of monitor and laptop setups, as well as extra space for ongoing tasks and office supplies.
- The desk legs are skewed towards the back of the desk, giving room for pedestals and other peripherals and making the workstation more convenient to use.
- If the legs of your desk are unequal, resulting in a tilted desktop, use the leveling glides along its bottom to steady and level it. Easy to operate, anyone in your company can work with it!
Ergonomic standing workstations will transform your small business into a more efficient and energized workplace. Eliminate non-fatal injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome and back discomfort by switching to ergonomic height-adjustable standing desks and working equipment.
We accept articles, stories, and reviews that feature our products. The topics can also include tips on posture, spine health, and how to create a healthy work-from-home setup. If you are interested to collaborate with us, send an email to [email protected].