Regarding Blood types
May 28, 2021
When I was teaching foreign students several years ago, one of my students told me that they eat food according to their blood type. I became curious at first but since it is not within my orientation, I put that information aside and continued my task of teaching my students.
Food vs Blood Type
Although I guess this is not really common for other countries to eat food according to blood type, it somehow sparked my curiosity to know the reasons why an individual would eat food according to their blood type. Knowing your type is, I think, a must for everyone since there are instances where your blood type is to be indicated in forms or applications for different transactions, especially for health care services.
If I am not mistaken, blood type is also indicated in the driver’s license. I am not sure anymore. I have not renewed my driver’s license since my husband died more than 20 years ago because I sold his car to defray my husband’s hospital expenses.
The next day my student and I talked about blood types and why they have to base their eating of food on their blood type. I checked on the articles online and found that there are certain kinds of food appropriate for each blood type. So, I got this information from an article published by the Harvard Health Publishing and was authored by Dr. Robert H. Shmerling, MD. Below are the food types and appropriate food according to the author:
● Type O - high protein food, meat, vegetables, fish, and fruit with limited grains such as beans and legumes. The best weight-reducing foods are seafood, red meat, broccoli, spinach, and olive oil. However, dairy products, wheat, and corn are to be avoided
● Type A - fruits, vegetables, tofu, seafood, turkey, and whole grains; meat should be avoided. The best weight-reducing foods are seafood, vegetables, pineapple, olive oil, and soya. Dairy products should be avoided also wheat, corn, and kidney beans.
● Type B- a diverse diet that includes meat, fruit, dairy, seafood, and grains. Weight-losing foods are green vegetables, eggs, liver, and licorice tea. Chicken, corn, peanuts, and wheat should be avoided.
● Type AB - dairy, tofu, lamb, fish, grains, fruit, and vegetables. The best weight-reducing food for this type is tofu, seafood, green vegetables, and kelp. However, corn, buckwheat, and kidney beans should be avoided.
Eating food according to blood type was popularized by a book that was published in 1996 by a naturopathic physician, Peter D'Adamo. In his book, he discussed how people could be healthy, live longer and achieve their ideal weight through eating based on their blood type. Having read the book, many people changed their lifestyle, how they ate and exercised.
While the choice of food is influenced by the blood types, physical exercises and workouts are now also based on blood types. In fact, there is the so-called Blood Type Workout which is a new physical fitness program ( https://www.prevention.com/fitness/.
● For type O - the best are high-intensity workputs like interval training, running, and plyometrics. You use exercise as an emotional outlet and need it more than other blood type to fight stress and anxiety and boost your mood
● For type B - group cardio workouts that are slightly lower impact, like tennis or cycling, as well as resistance training
● For type AB - the best workout is gentle exercise such as walking, hiking, golf, or dance. Yoga and Tai Chi can be helpful to keep your mood level, and for your muscles and joints limber
● Type A - best physical activities are those that have a calming effect and that help to have focus and protect the joints such as Pilates, Yoga, Tai Chi, and isometric exercises
For me, I think I would choose my physical fitness regimen based on its effectiveness on my personal health. Although following the workout program based on blood types is not bad at all. It may be really helpful for an individual to keep themselves physically fit all the time. With regular exercises and a well-balanced diet, we can never go wrong.
With the pandemic still around, food and exercise that are based on blood types could be worth contemplating, but the reality is that we gained weight through these pandemic months. Seriously though, we need to have our immune system healthy basically to fight the covid-19 virus and we also need to shed some pounds we gained throughout the pandemic year.
Setting aside abound blood types, this is for real. If you are looking for a durable and functional physical fitness machine, try checking on FlexiSpot. It manufactures ergonomic home office furniture as well as workout machines that could be used at home or even in the office. And the prices are reasonable and affordable.
One of the best fitness machines is the Vibration Plate Exercise Machine VB1 that is packed with wonderful features. Consider these features:
● This machine does a full-body vibration that stimulates the muscles causing contraction and increased activation during workouts. It also boosts the user's metabolism, improves circulation to burn excessive fat. It also increases bone density and suppresses joint stress levels.
● It has speed settings from 1 to 99 so that you can maximize your workouts regardless of your level of ability. Aside from the yoga straps, the LOOP bands make a perfect gym at home for a cardio workout for toning and strengthening your upper and lower body
● The feet of the machine are rubber-wrapped to protect the floor and to improve its stability during workouts. It also has a hidden handle that makes it easy to carry the vibration platform anywhere. The maximum user weight is 330 lbs. With its compact size, it is easy to store when not in use.
● The user-friendly display screen and remote control enable the user to get the most efficient results in the shortest time. The remote control is easy to use such that you can change the program/speed effortlessly.
Actually, there are other exciting products in store for you at FlexiSpot. Why not visit the website today and see for yourself those products that are worth your time and money when you purchase one. Whether you care for your blood type or your physical fitness, one thing is sure: you need to be sure you’re in the pink of health.
We accept articles, stories, and reviews that feature our products. The topics can also include tips on posture, spine health, and how to create a healthy work-from-home setup. If you are interested to collaborate with us, send an email to [email protected].