Fighting Obesity with a Fitness Chair
May 14, 2021
One adult out of three is obese and that is 36% of the population as reported online (singlecare.com). It was also reported that around 500 million adults are obese around the world. And it is not only the adults that are growing bigger but also children.
Being obese is not a big deal because we obese people every day and they are accepted by society as normal people. On the other hand, the effects of being obese are the one that is quite a thing to worry about.
In simpler terms, the definition is a situation when an individual has excess fats in the body which in the long run causes health problems. Obesity is related to some diseases such as coronary heart disease, diabetes, possible cancer diseases, disorders with sleeping or breathing.
A medical journal affirms that obesity is one of the major concerns in the world, not malnutrition anymore. Obesity can be identified based on body mass index (BMI), waist measurement, and other factors such as age, body weight, height, and sex. It is noted that a BMI of 30 or higher is indicative of being obese. Weight measurements of 35 inches for females and 40 inches for mails are signs of being obese.
Aside from body measurements, there are other signs of obesity that we have to observe such as:
● Back or joint pains
● Increased sweating
● Physical Exhaustion
● Emotional fatigue
● Excessive daytime sleepiness
Obesity, according to a medical study, was also linked with age-related cataracts, glaucoma, age-related maculopathy, and diabetic retinopathy (Survey of Ophthalmology, 2007). With several obesity-related illnesses being found by medical experts, we have to know the causes why many people become overly fat.
Causes of Obesity
● Family history - family health history is usually checked by health care professionals to determine the risk of obesity-related diseases within family members
● Lifestyle - eating unhealthy foods such as processed foods, junk food, fast food
● Social and economic issues – others believe that social and economic status has an influence on the kind of food we can buy and afford, alcohol sugary diet
● Hidden medical situations – other medical conditions may also trigger obesity in some people
● Physical inactivity – lack of physical activities or exercise can cause fat to accumulate in the body eventually causing excessive fat
● Medications – other medications that are regularly taken may also trigger excessive fat
● Psychological factors - being stressed out with many issues may cause poor diet that leads to obesity
● Eating frequency – eating from time to time without control may lead also to being excessively fat
As obesity or being overly fat is now a public health concern, there are many ways that we could be able to maintain a lean and healthy body by doing some physical activities. As physical inactivity is one of the reasons for becoming obese, we can jumpstart an exercise routine right inside our homes and also outside as we wish.
We still have the covid pandemic so we can avoid contracting the disease by exercising in the comfort of our homes. We can watch some exercise videos like aerobics, Zumba, or exercising with some equipment if you already have one such as the treadmill, stationary bike, or dumbbells to tone your muscles on the upper part of your body, especially your arms.
If you are working from home, you may still have the time to exercise in the morning before you start to work on your desk so that you will feel refreshed and rejuvenated. Then after working for eight hours, you may also do some more reps with your dumbbells or weights. They say, exercising is good before bedtime because it induces sleep. I agree with that. I tried that several times. It is effective.
Working and exercising simultaneously is now possible. You can do both at the same time. You may ask me how. Well, if you have not heard yet of FlexiSpot, you had better check it out. This company is a leading brand in manufacturing ergonomically designed home and office furniture. and not only that, you can work with that furniture and also exercise. How will you do that?
Take, for example, this product called Sit2Go 2-in-1 Fitness Chair. it is beyond an ordinary chair because it has awesome features for a go-getter like you. You can sit and work while you exercise with the built-in bike.
Special Features of Sit2Go 2-in-1 Fitness Chair
● A super comfortable chair with a breathable mesh backrest that ensures comfortable sitting while the backrest supports your body to avoid back pain
● The seat is adjustable to your preferred height and you can do it with just a one-touch lever while sitting.
● Because height can be adjusted even your children can use the chair to bond with you while on your work break
● The chair can also be moved smoothly with its rolling casters in any room or location you wish
● Biking is like a professional one with different resistance levels to improve your lower body strength
● Durability is guaranteed as the chair is made with premium, quality materials
The company’s website has all the other details about other details. It also showcases a wide range of other products that you can choose from.
Aside from these features, this Fitness Chair is excellent furniture at home that will blend with your other pieces of furniture in the living room or your bedroom. And anyone in the family can use the chair for exercising and as well as for relaxation.
Sedentary life will be a thing of the past with this fine chair. You will have all the time in your hands to exercise by cycling or pedaling in place to maintain a leaner body and stronger legs and muscles. And most importantly, if you have gained excess fat recently, this chair will do wonders to make your body leaner but stronger.
Aside from boosting your physical health, you can do other things on this ergonomic chair like surfing the net with your smartphone, checking your email, or may enjoy watching your favorite vlogs on your smartphones. Enjoy sitting on this exercise chair without being sedentary.
We accept articles, stories, and reviews that feature our products. The topics can also include tips on posture, spine health, and how to create a healthy work-from-home setup. If you are interested to collaborate with us, send an email to [email protected].