Soutien VS Cosm: Who Takes the Ergonomic Throne
April 01, 2021
Which ergonomic chair has what it takes to meet your needs?
When it comes to our day-to-day lives, comfort is held in high regard. This is especially true for those of us who have desk jobs or work from home. We tend to sit uncomfortably during our 8-hour shift, constantly wiggling to get comfortable and watching the clock in hopes we will be done with our day soon.
While comfort is very important with a chair you sit in, so are the positive results it can have on your health. Ergonomic chairs are sweeping the corporate world when it comes to providing their employees a throne to sit in while they vigorously work their assigned tasks.
Ergonomic chairs are providing a way to cut down health risks by helping:
- Reduce the risk of heart disease
- Promote healthy muscle growth
- Protecting your spin muscles and putting less stress on them
- Improving your sitting posture throughout the day
- Promote more mental activity
- You focus more and be more efficient during your 9-5 workday
- Protecting you from potential obesity
- You have less low back pain
All these are huge reasons why employers want to provide their staff with ergonomic chairs. The more healthy an employee is, the longer they can provide great service to a company. Even promoting health-conscious choices in your workplace, when they are not being provided is a great way to take the first steps into wanting to be healthier at work. It may even show your boss that you have a bit more initiative than they thought you did.
Most people don’t realize while they are sitting down at their desks working that the could potentially be putting themselves in pain further down the road. Ergonomic chairs take care of this for you by promoting improved hip health. Hips take most of the weight when you sit down. While sitting more than 8 hours a day/5 days a week, you could be putting a lot of stress on your hips and even your back.
In an average office chair, you will end up putting more weight down when you sit than you would in an ergonomic chair. Ergonomic chairs will help to replace hip pressure by providing a more suitable seat depth. Just think, by sitting down in a more ergonomic chair you are improving your life for the better. Again, just by sitting. The easiest method in anyone’s journey towards a more health-conscious life.
You may be wondering what would be the best ergonomic chair to find to provide you with the proper sitting/work experience. Most of us are working from home these days and may have to upgrade our desk chairs with our own funds. Because of this, you may be more intimidated by all the ergonomic chairs out there. With anyone, this could be confusing and more stressful than you want it to be. Seriously, no one wants to be stressed, especially when you are just wanting to upgrade your desk chair.
In this article, we will be comparing 2 great ergonomic chairs. We will go over the specifics/features for each and provide you with our opinion on the best one we feel would be a must-buy.
FlexiSpot Soutien Ergonomic Office Chair: This particular model has a lot of great features. It is reasonably priced at $259.99. With its lumbar support system and many other well-crafted mechanics, the Soutien provides you with the ultimate seating experience behind your work desk. This smooth experience will make the hours pass by while you work and support your spine with the grace of a cloud. Some of the features with the FlexiSpot Soutien include:
- The 3D lumbar support system provides 3 height adjustment levels and a gentle rebound system. The elegantly curved backrest ergonomically conforms to your neck and spine to provide maximum headrest/lumbar support.
- Cushioned 4D armrests that are adjustable, flexible, and contour with minimal effort for our arms and elbows. By providing the 4D dimensions, these armrests will perfectly support you while you are focused on your work.
- Ultimate breathable mesh made from Italian-imported chenille and K+R temperature-sensitive fiber is built into every chair. The premium quality fleece mesh offers maximum ventilation and protects even the most delicate fibers.
- A 45-degree backrest tilt that lets you easily recline in comfort during your much-needed breaks after putting your nose to the grindstone and working. It provides that enjoyable sigh of relaxation each time you lean back.
- An adjustable seat depth to help customize your experience each time you sit in it to match according to your body shape.
Most of all, the FlexiSpot Soutien provides certified quality. This features a best-in-industry Samhongsa Class 4 Gas Lift and is certified with over 10,000+ pressure test cycles. This means that over-all, the Soutien can handle anything you throw at it. It’s going to be an ergonomic chair that will help you focus on the days you don’t want to and be there to provide you comfort on the days you feel your best.
Cosm Ergonomic Office Chair From HermanMiller: Next, let’s compare the Cosm. While the FlexiSpot Soutien has a lot of great features, the Cosm has some that will make it a worthy rival. At a pristine price of $1345, the Cosm has a unique design that makes you feel like you’re not sitting in a chair at all. Its ergonomic design will respond to your body, movement, and to your posture that will provide you a natural, supported balance. Some of the features of the Cosm includes:
- Many different colors from Canyon Red, Glacier Blue, Caron Black, and more.
- An auto-harmonic tilt, intercept suspension, and flexible framework that together will give you a euphoric feeling of weightlessness.
- Its focused tilt will instantly and automatically provide balanced support, movement depending on your body and posture.
- An intercept suspension that is breathable and temperature-neutral. Its continuous form of the elastomeric suspension will eliminate the gap between the seat and back. It will conform to each person’s body to provide wonderfully dynamic spinal support.
- Its flexible frame is thin but very strong. It feels nearly non-existent when you sit in it and offers support while flexing. You can easily and comfortably move your body while sitting in it for hours.
- Combines beauty and performance that will make any co-worker or anyone who visits your workspace jealous upon their first try sitting in it.
- With Berlin-based design that is fully tested to perfect it’s ergonomic engineering with every chair that is made.
While both seem pretty great, it will ultimately depend on what you are looking to get from them. Some people feel comfort overall is their main focus, while others may want to focus on sleeker design to meet their office’s aesthetic. The best thing to do when comparing these chairs for yourself is to weigh out the options. What do you want out of an ergonomic chair? Do you want quality or one more design-focused?
Other people may look at the option of price. Do they want one that is within their budget or are they wanting an ergonomic chair that will be an investment towards their career? All important things to consider when you are picking an ergonomic chair, or any type of ergonomic desk furniture.
If you are someone who is working at home, you may want to think of the option of how useful the chair will be if you are eventually going to go back to the office once things settle down. Will this be one that you will continue to use or maybe you are starting your own at-home business and you want to splurge a little to celebrate your next big career step. Either way, you should always go with what your gut tells you. Nothing is worse than the dreaded buyer’s remorse after purchasing something.
So, what one do we choose out of the two? Much like the advice that was just given, we weighed out the options and put ourselves in the buyer’s shoes. What would we want overall? After careful consideration, we decided on our best option.
While the Cosm is a better chair and is very much worth every penny for its unique ergonomic design, we went with the FlexiSpot Soutien. The Soutien was our choice because it provided every function necessary at a much more affordable price. With this choice, we feel that overall one of the top things people weighing the options on their own will look at functionality, comfort, and on average price.
In conclusion, we feel that the FlexiSpot Soutien will be your first choice when it comes to ergonomic desk chairs. When it comes down to it your comfort and health are very important, but so is the feeling of not so much stress on your wallet. Even more so true in these times where we are all keeping our head above water, looking come out the other end more of success than when we started. Be sure to check out the FlexiSpot Soutien and other affordable, ergonomically designed items to meet all your office or home office needs.
We accept articles, stories, and reviews that feature our products. The topics can also include tips on posture, spine health, and how to create a healthy work-from-home setup. If you are interested to collaborate with us, send an email to [email protected].