Improving workplace and homework environments was one of the biggest trends in 2020. Many people all around the world were able to personalize their workstations at home or in the office as a result of this.
There are numerous methods to improve your present setup right now, but among all of these enhancements, standing desk innovation will be one of the most popular in 2021.
Standing desks are proving to be the ideal way to work because they provide numerous physical and productivity benefits. When they first came out on the market, they were already a viable option for employees all over the world.
However, thanks to technological advancements in 2020, there are now many new unique features available for standing desks.
What is a Standing Desk, and why should you use one?
Even though standing desks have been around for a long time, some people are still unfamiliar with them. A standing desk (also known as a stand-up desk or a sit-stand desk) is a new style of desk that allows you to switch from sitting to standing while working or reading.
This enables for a more pleasant experience because it prevents you from sitting for long periods, which is harmful to your health. When standing desks first hit the market, they had a manual mechanism that could be adjusted. However, some users found this inconvenient, therefore we worked hard to improve the sit-stand conversion feature.
Modern standing workstations are typically equipped with electric motors that automatically transition from sitting to standing. This year, when many individuals are working from home, the new standing desk upgrades made it more appealing to the general public.
This year, standing workstations have progressed much further. Current models include mobile apps that track your working sessions, allowing you to have a more enjoyable experience at your workstation.
How can you tell if a Standing Desk is right for you?
While standing desks are growing more popular among office workers, they may or may not be the ideal solution for everyone. Standing desks are fantastic for boosting ergonomics, but it does not mean ordinary workstations are not functional.
The Best Standing Desk Option
Here is a quick rundown of why you should consider acquiring a standing desk before you make your decision.
- You constantly slouch or hunch over your current desk.
- You should sit in a proper position.
- You are always drained of energy.
- You have pain in your back, neck, or shoulders.
- You spend a lot of time at your existing workstation during the day.
- You enjoy moving around while working.
- Your existing work environment is not ergonomically sound.
- To get comfortable, you feel the urge to stretch, move, or alter your chair.
When you use a standing desk, you feel relieved.
If you can relate to any of the reasons listed above, it might be time to invest in a standing desk. Each year, a new function for a standing desk is introduced, thus a recent model may be better suited to your demands than an older model.
What to Look for When Purchasing a Standing Desk
There are several standing desks on the market, and with new inventive features added each year, deciding which one to buy maybe even more difficult. Fortunately, there are several recommendations to consider before making a purchase.
FlexiSpot has a large selection of standing desks for you to pick from. This is the way to go if you want to get into innovation with a standing desk in 2021!
Here are three standing desk options and a brief description as to why they are a good fit for your home office.
- Kana Bamboo Standing Desk- Nothing compares to the natural beauty of bamboo. To keep the lovely, natural grain of each bamboo strip, we use the lateral compression technique.
- Adjustable Standing Desk Pro Series EC5- Even with the full weight capacity of 220 lbs, the powerful dual motors offer a maximum lifting speed of 1.5"/s. All of this may be accomplished with the simple press of a button.
- Willow Solid Wood Standing Desk- the FlexiSpot Willow height-adjustable desk is inspired by the flexible, sustainable characteristics of its namesake and includes an environmentally friendly solid wood desktop with a sleek, classic style that will blend in with any decor.
Incredible Additions to Your Standing Desk
It is not enough to simply just have an ergonomic standing desk in your workstation. To make every work experience worth your every while, you can add accessories and ergonomic chairs or even anti-fatigue mats. These are three standing desk pairings.
- Soutien Ergonomic Office Chair-The Soutien provides the ultimate seated experience behind your desk, with its 3D lumbar support system, 135° lounge tilt, and 4D adjustable armrests.
- Monitor Stand workstation with Storage Organizer DIY Drawer S1W- With two tiny drawers and one large modular partitioned drawer, the FlexiSpot S1W Monitor Stand can accommodate all of your accessories, allowing you to keep your workspace clutter-free.
- Standing Desk Anti-Fatigue Mat MT1-You may feel achy and sore after a long day on your feet. The long hours on your feet will fly by with the MT1 anti-fatigue mat. This standing work solution has been developed for your comfort, so you will feel fantastic and stay productive no matter where you work.
If you have decided to begin your workplace renovations with a standing desk, make sure you acquire the best accessories to make the most of your investment. When your standing desk is combined with other goods, your new standing desk upgrade can be enhanced, resulting in a more comfortable office environment.
Every year, the new revolutionary features of standing desks make home and office settings considerably more modern and ergonomic. If you want to improve your work environment in 2021, a new standing desk along with complimentary ergonomic goods is your best chance!